'I was raised by rats': Penniless Actress Jennifer Lawrence Reveals launching her career

She is an Academy Award winning actress. Yet Jennifer Lawrence has proved everybody must start somewhere as she revealed she once lived in a rat-infested apartment as she tried to make it in the movie world.
The 25-year-old Hunger Games star spoke on America's NPR radio about her shoddy living conditions as she battled to establish herself as an actress. So if a rat had eaten my loaf of bread before, when I first got there, I'd be like, 'Ew', and throw the whole loaf of bread away. But eventually, I started just cutting around the hole that the rat had ate.'
In the candid interview she revealed her parents watched her struggle in the apartment, which had no kitchen. She added: 'Night was horrible, that's when [the rats] all come out. I wouldn't go to the bathroom.

My dad still talks about that. He says, "That's when I knew you were serious." I think that that was the turning point for my dad, letting me do this, because he came and saw the conditions I was living in.'

Clearly having moved on from her tough times, Jennifer has a new movie out with two of Hollywood's biggest stars. Last week, Jennifer attended the London première for her latest film Joy, directed by David O. Russell and co-starring Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro.

No comments:

Post a Comment