Asante Bekwai: Woman, 65 killed, heart, tongue, private parts missing

A 65-year-old woman, has been murdered in her farm with her private parts,tongue, womb as well as heart removed. The deceased, Agnes Akosua Bewaih was said to be working on her farm when she was attacked and killed by the unknown assailant(s).
This unfortunate incident happened in a town called Amoamo near Asante Bekwai in the Ashanti region. Thomas Oppong, son of the deceased, told Adom News his brother in-law called to inform of the sudden demise of his mother.

 “I was at home in a another town when my brother in-law called to inform me that my mother has been found dead in her farm. I didn’t believe it initially till I got to the farm and saw the lifeless body of my mother with her tongue, heart, womb and private parts all removed” he said.

Thomas Oppong said he suspects his mother was killed for ritual purposes. “How people be so mean and kill an old woman in his farm to the extent of removing her private parts and womb. I think it was for a ritual because it is beyond my imaginations” he cried.

The Police have deposited body at the Asante Bekwai General Hospital morgue awaiting autopsy. He said the police have also begun investigations into the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment